TMC's CleanTop Optical Top is the best method yet for providing a spill-proof, clean, precise, and corrosion resistant optical top with unmatched structural performance. CleanTop is now a standard feature of all TMC optical tops.
Individual CleanTop cups are epoxy-bonded under each tapped hole after it is tapped and cleaned. Cups are made from chemically resistant nylon 6, and stainless steel (304 alloy) cups are available. Holes are now tapped and countersunk prior to adding the cups to allow the machined top sheet to be thoroughly cleaned with open, rather than blind, holes prior to bonding. The top plate is processed through a custom TMC industrial cleaning center where a high pressure, high temperature cleaning solution is forced through each threaded hole, completely clearing any machining or tapping debris. Several rinse and dry cycles ensure an essentially "sterilized" top surface prior to bonding the cups.
CleanTop represents another innovation
in TMC's long optical top tradition of
industry "firsts" including:
• First spill-proof optical top (CleanTop).
• First all-steel optical top.
• First oil-free optical top.
• First honeycomb core registered
to the tapped hole array.
• First lightweight breadboard with formed
rather than drilled holes.
• First vacuum compatible optical top.
• Liquid spills on the surface are contained and
cannot reach the top's honeycomb core.
• The core is completely clean and dry with no
residual thread-cutting oils to out-gas.
• Extremely clean tapped holes make screw
insertion smooth and simple.
• Easy retrieval of small parts dropped into the
holes is assured.
• Since no penetration of the core is possible
when dangerous chemicals
are used on the top's surface, health hazards
will not occur by chemicals reaching the